YAYASAN PENDIDIKAN PELITA BANGSA
ULANGAN AKHIR SEMESTER GANJIL
TAHUN PELAJARAN 2010 – 2011
Bahasa Inggris Kelas VIII
1. Isikan Nomor UAS dan Nama Peserta pada lembar jawaban
2. Periksalah dan bacalah soal-soal sebelum menjawab
3. Laporkan kepada pengawas jika terdapat tulisan yang kurang jelas, rusak atau tidak lengkap
4. Periksalah jawaban sebelum diserahkan kepada Pengawas Ujian Akhir Sekolah
I. Read the text below then answer the questions.
Apolo Anton Ohno
Meet the very talented Apolo Anton Ohno! Apolo is a world Champion speed skater. He has five Olympic medals. Apolo is from Seattle, Washington, but now he lives in Colorado. His father is Japanese. He has an older half brother, but he doesn’t have any sisters.
Apolo loves speed skating, and he practices two or three hours every day. Speed skating is a dangerous sport, so he always wears a helmet. But Apolo doesn’t only like skating. He likes other things, too.
Apolo likes dancing. He an awesome dancer. He the May 2007 champion of the American TV Show, Dancing with the Stars. People loves him – he’s handsome and friendly.
Apolo is really famous. He’s a TV Star, a sport star, and an author. His book, A Journey, is about his life. He’s a cool guy! So, what do you think? Do you like him?
1. Does Apolo like speed skating?
2. Does he have a sister?
3. Does he practice speed skating every day?
4. Does he wear any special sport equipment?
5. Does he sing?
II. Multiple Choices
6. Sylvia doesn’t like … at the mall, because it is boring.
a. sleep c. hang out
b. eat d. read
7. Cindy likes … tennis in her free time.
a. throw c. buy
b. play d. eat
8. Carlos doesn’t like listen to … in the weekend.
a. music c. drama
b. film d. book
9. My brother joins in … team in his school. He likes Michael Jordan.
a. music c. basketball
b. drama d. computer
10. Roberto writes his … over night. He is diligent and smart.
a. novel c. short story
b. agenda d. homework
11. A : Let me help you with those suitcase.
B : …………………………………….
a. No problem c. Lovely
b. I can’t take them myself d. Those are mine
12. Sinta seldom drinks coffee.
It means that she………………….
a. always c. often
b. usually d. never
Questions 13 to 15 are based on the following text
I go to the dentist every six month. I have made an appointment before going for a regular check up with my dentist.
I sat down in the waiting room. I don’t mind waiting because there are a lot of magazine there. So I took one and began reading an interesting story. After a few menutes, the nurse came in and said “Mr. Maulana will see you know, Miss. Sinta”.
13. Why does the writer go to the dentist?
a. He wants to meet the dentist c. The dentist invites him to go there
b. He wants to check up with the dentist d. He has toothache
14. What is Mr. Maulana?
a. doctor c. surgeon
b. nurse d. dentist
15. What is the writer doing in the waiting room?
a. reading magazine c. writing letter
b. watching TV d. Speaking with someone
16. If you want to swim, you need a …
a. helmet c. goggles
b. knee pads d. sneakers
17. A skiers need a … to play it.
a. ski boots c. helmet
b. knee pads d. sandals
18. Anna can make friends easily. She’s …
a. unhappy c. friendly
b. arrogant d. smart
19. In the zoo. There are many …
a. plants c. water
b. animals d. boats
20. Miranda goes to … at 9.00 pm.
a. sleep c. eat
b. school d. play
21. This sport played in a field. You need a wood stick and a small ball. It is a … game.
a. basketball c. football
c. badminton d. baseball
22. Don’t forget to bring a … in the camp to make you dry when it is rain.
a. hat c. clothes
b. raincoat d.tuxedo
23. To make your skin soft and smooth when summer season. You need a bottle of …
a. sunscreen c. soft drink
b. facial foam d. water
24. Megan doesn’t like mosquitoes and bugs, so she need a …
a. lotion c. bug repellent
b. jacket d. shampoo
25. Irfan Haarys Bachdim is a new … of Indonesian National Team.
a. badminton player c. basketball player
b. football player d. skater
26. A : Can you help me turning off the light?
B : …………….. I am afraid of the light.
a. All right c. OK
b. Yes, please d. I am sorry
27. The bus departs to Jakarta at 7 p.m.
The synonym of the underlined word is………………..
a. visit c. leave
b. trip d. arrive
28. Cross at the …………..carefully. Look right first, then until the road is clear.
a. stall c. pavement
b. traffic light d. zebra cross
29. A : Good morning madam,…………?
B : Good morning, I need an English dictionary.
a. What do you buy c. How much do you need
b. What are you d. Can I help you
30. Dani : ……….Sir, I come late
My bike is broken.
Teacher : That’s okay. Sit down.
a. I am sorry c. Pardon
b. Excuse me d. Please
31. I … on Sunday. I just relax and watch TV all day long.
a. stay home c. stay up
b. stay away d. wake up
32. A : Do you wake up late every day?
B : …
a. No, I do. c. No, I don’t.
b. Yes, I don’t d. No, I didn’t
33. Luis doesn’t … with his parents.
a. goes c. went
b. going d. go
Questions 34 to 38, complete the text below
(34) … Antonio Burgos. I (35) … in Buenos Aires, Argentina, with my parents and my little sister, Monica. I (36) … to small school in the city. My first (37) … is Spanish, but I speak English, too. In my free time, I (38) … video games and listen to music. I (39) … like rap very much, but I love rock. On weekends, I (40) … at the park with my friends, but I eat dinner with my family.
34. a. I’m c. You are
b. He is d. I do
35. a. sleep c. stay
b. live d. wake
36. a. eat c. go
b. wait d. proud
37. a. lesson c. book
b. friend d. language
38. a. buy c. throw
b. play d. need
39. a. do c. don’t
b. doing d. did
40. a. hang out c. play
b. sit d. gather
41. Open – please – you – window – the – could
1 2 3 4 5 6
a. 6-1-2-5-4-3 c. 6-3-1-4-5-2
b. 6-3-2-5-4-1 d. 6-3-2-1-5-4
42. My father works in Singapore, and …
a. my mother is too. c. my mother did too.
b. my mother works too. d. my mother does too.
43. Betty was at the florist’s and … Sally.
a. so was c. so does
b. so is d. so did
44. … your birthday? It’s in July.
a. Who c. Why
b. How d. When
45. … are they? They are my brothers.
a. Who c. Why
b. How d. When
46. She can tell great jokes. She’s …
a. funny c. artistic
b. friendly d. smart
47. He’s good at soccer and volleyball. He’s …
a. funny c. artistic
b. friendly d. athletic
48. Rearrange this sentence
1. Please bring your camera
2. Yes to Parangtritis beach. Would you like to join us ?
3. Will you go on picnic next week?
4. Okay, I will prepare it.
5. Of course. What must I prepare?
a. 3 – 5 – 1 – 2 – 4 c. 3 – 4 – 1 – 5 – 2
b. 3 – 2 – 5 – 1 – 4 d. 3 – 2 – 4 – 5 – 1
49. My brother likes rock music. He always go to the … ever weekend.
a. concert c. movie
b. gym d. library
50. Linda : Mom, I make a strawberry cake. Let’s try!
Mother : Hmmm … What a delicious cake!
From the dialogue above, we can conclude that mother …
a. doesn’t try the cake c. doesn’t like the cake
b. likes the cake d. feels upset with the taste.